Monday, June 11, 2012

Back from Outerspace


Ok so I wasn’t really in outerspace but I’ve been sort of all over the place, I had a wedding weekend over Memorial Day and then moved out of my apartment the next weekend and last weekend I was trying to get my life back together. No excuse really but I’m sure you’ll find it in your hearts to forgive me. Of course even though I took a break from blogging I clearly didn’t take a break from shopping.
 

This is the dress I bought. I ordered it from Nordstrom a while ago and I loveeee it. It's super comfortable and appropriate for any wedding (the high neckline and not-too-short length). You can find it here in a few different colors. (I think I may actually buy the coral one too!) The great part about this dress is it's totally wearable to dinner dates, holiday parties or any event really. In my picture it looks more teal but I think it was just exceptionally bright out when we were taking pictures.


I searched EVERYWHERE for a pair of earrings to go with my dress and shoes I bought for the wedding. Since the dress is one shoulder and I wore my hair up (my guy liked the updo rather than leaving it down) I knew I had to find fun, and eyecatching earrings. My shoes also had embellishments on them and I wasn’t willing to switch my shoes so the earring hunt became an issue. I ended up with the ones I'm wearing on the left which I found at Francescas Collections (in store). (similar here and here) They ended up looking great but I bought these as a dangle option. (I kept them both obviously)

 
Somehow I got through the entire night without getting a great outfit shot but this one helps you get the picture. (No pun intended)

I also did a more dramatic eye for the evening reception than for the afternoon ceremony. Using darker green on the crease and the outer half of the lid and a light green on the inner half of the lid with gold under the brow and under my bottom lashes. 

The shoes were a lucky find. I got them in the DSW clearance rack, for $12 with coupons! I swear that place is magic. Unfortunately they are sold out but they have very similar ones here and I actually almost bought these instead. I’m only 5’1 so I typically go with pretty high heels but wearing the same pair of shoes for 10 or more hours can be pretty problematic. I went with shorter heels and I brought a pair gel insoles and some flats so I wouldn’t be end up barefoot.

It is wedding season and I have another one coming up and I promise I’ll make some time to keep you in the loop!

No comments:

Post a Comment