Thursday, July 5, 2012

Summer Shoe Trends


This weekend I’m taking a trip to my boyfriend’s family beach house. I’m super excited because we haven’t gotten to the beach this summer and I love it down there. Another factor in my excitement is that there are outlets and shoportunities everywhere in the neighboring towns. I put together a list of summer shoe trends that I love and will be keeping my eyes pealed for.

Summer Shoe Trends

Embellished sandals / Betsey Johnson wedge sandals / TOMS slip on shoes, $55 / Giuseppe Zanotti wedge sandals / Splendid high heel shoes / Nelly Shoes high heel shoes, $62 / DV by Dolce Vita thong sandals / Flat shoes / Bootie boots

1.     Bright Comfy Flats
·   I love my red classic TOMS, I wear them all the time and they are definitely my quick go to. Similar to these are Sperry topsiders which have great patterns
2.     Mint
·  Mint is definitely a huge color this summer and these heels are great to match with pretty much anything. Mint has quicly become a neutral and since it’s so popular, the color with be everywhere!
3.     Patriotic
·   Especially with 4th of July festivities (and it is an election year) the red white and blue is a great trend to follow. These wedges would look great with a white sundress
4.     Neon
·  Like mint, neon is everywhere you look! These are a great pair of color block heels but any pop of neon makes an outfit instantly more fun. Neon is a great look for day or night so if that BQQ turns into a night out you’re all set!
5.     Metallic Accents
·  I love this trend! It’s like jewelry for your feet! Which is great because I wasn’t ever a big fan of anklets and toe rings. It adds some sparkle and it ties a look together when you wear fun jewelry. Spikes are a common addition that are edgy and cool.
6.     Aztec Patterns
·   I’ve seen this pattern all over. It’s great because its colorful and fun- perfect for summer! It also has so many colors that you can wear solid colors and still not have a boring outfit. Wedges are great too, they don’t sink into the grass at a BBQ!
7.     Leopard
·    I’ve always liked the look of leopard thrown into an outfit and these loafers are perfect for that. They go with pretty much everything and they are a great alternative to plain black or brown flats. I love the look of leopard and red together. 
8.     Chunky heels
·  These have been something I've wanted to try but I want to try a pair on before I order them. I'm hoping they look good because I love them. I'm picturing them with a hi-low cotton skirt, they would look awesome!
9.     Embellishments
·   I'm totally into this one- the more glam and sparkle the better! Beading, sequins, and glitter work on everything- casual flats to night-on-the-town pumps. These sandals are great because they can go either way! 

No comments:

Post a Comment